Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My Story



My name is Joana and I'm 27 years old, I live in the city of Porto in Portugal and this is my story.
During depart to mine own childhood I was always the girl who had a little overweight, but nothing that was very serious or something that was a problem, I did physical exercise, riding bikes, later discovered the dance which made me enter in the school dance club. I was a happy girl, a little shy but always with a smile on my face.
But everything changed when the excess weight began to control my life, at first I do not realized, I started to have more appetite, and  gradually and despite all the exercise I was doing, to gain weight. In the beginning do not give much importance only started to really give importance when I started to suffer comments and insults in relation to my weight. And that's where it all starts, I began to be ashamed of the things I did, I began to be ashamed of the clothes I was wearing, I began to be ashamed of myself.
Always remember to be dieting, I think there is no type of diet that I have not done, later went to the diet pills always accompanied by physical exercise, but without any results.
And that's when things start to get worse, I left to go to the beach, I left the club dances that was what I enjoyed most, I started gradually to isolate me from everyone and everything because I could not deal with the comments, with insults, with the jokes that I was victim, all this for me was too much.
I remember gradually stopped doing the things I like because I stopped having glad to do them, and though always with a smile on my face and always try to integrate myself with others but I was not happy.
Years later and after many doctors, many diets and many diagnoses, doctors discover what makes me overweight and the diagnosis was Cushing's Disease is an endocrine disorder caused by high levels of glucocorticoids , particularly cortisol , in blood .A cause can be exogenous ( external , by application of drugs ) or endogenous ( internal , by disrupting the body itself ) . Cushing's syndrome of endogenous origin are rare, occurring only 10 cases per year every 1,000,000 people.
The Cushing's disease is a type of ACTH-dependent Cushing's syndrome caused by a benign tumor (adenoma) in the pituitary gland responsible for the production of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). As it was a benign tumor in the pituitary and the only solution was to be operated.
I was 19 yearswhen I have my first surgery already with 122kg, the operation went well, but they could not cure me and only at the third attempt  was when I cured.
Despite all the expectations I just got off of 122kg to 115kg. It was the slowest recovery process and painful of my life and more painful was when I could still not lose weight. After seeing that my case needed extra help the doctors decide to do me a gastric by-pass so that I can lose the weight I lacked lose.
Today at age 27 after this slow process I just want to be happy and forget everything I've been through, but I cant do it , because I have the Overweight marks on my body, I have the marks of a disease that did not leave me be happy for years. For years I was deprived of being a normal girl, to make a normal life, I felt ashamed of myself, I felt so ashamed that I almost never left the house except to go to school. Today I have already exceeded almost all of these fears all the shame but not get to do one hundred percent because of these marks on my body. And that's why I have this blog not only to show my history but also because I need Help.
In the country where I live medicine is practically free to those in need, but also very slow, my entire proces were necessary years since the process of diagnosis until the situation now. And unfortunately many of the marks that I have in my body and I want to take, they regard as aesthetic treatments, so I have to do them in private hospitals that take a lot of money for these surgerys, I just want to remove the excess skin that I I have, I want to remove some marks that I have due to overweight and operations that I did, and I want to do a hair transplant because at this point I have almost no hair.
I need it to finally have a happy life, free from prejudice, shame and old ghosts that were due to the bullying that I was victim. Today just want to have new experiences and live life like never lived, I want to be a normal girl and have a normal life, I cant go to the beach without shame of my body, I cant wear a skirt, a dress or shorts without worrying with anything. I want to be able to do what I want with my hair, because today the only concern I have is to disguise the huge hair loss I have.
I know I have no serious illness and I'm not dying, but all my life I have suffered because of overweight and suffer today because of the marks I have in my body. A part of my life was practically erased because of that, and today still suffer because of all that I went through. I just want to somehow be able to move on and redo my life, I want start a new chapter in my life, with more self-esteem in me, with more confidence.
I know that if anyone can help me I know that my whole life will change, and I want this change, I was always the girl who did not leave home, never going anywhere, I'm 27 years but never got out of my country, never did vacation, never flew, the first concert was relatively a few months, and I know that if I make this change I will gain strength and confidence to do things I've never done and I want to do but for that I know that I need help and that's why I'm here. If you know someone, or know someone who knows someone or something who can help me, please show him/her/it my story and help me, I just want to be a normal girl I just want be really happy :)




         

No comments:

Post a Comment